This is my Roasted Butterflied Prawns in Saffron Garlic Butter
One of our favorite appetizers!
It’s just so flavorful, delicious and satisfying and it’s pretty simple to make.
Ingredients you’ll need are:
– Prawns – butterflied
– 1/4 cup Butter – softened (not melted)
– 1 clove Garlic – finely minced
– a pinch of Saffron – (Powdered and soaked in a quarter cup of hot water.)
– Salt to taste
– Chilli powder – Coarse ground (optional)
– 1tbsp Lemon Juice
To make it…
– Add the softened butter to a small bowl.
– Add in the garlic, salt, chilli powder and mix till well combined.
– Add the lemon juice and about 2 tbsp of the saffron water into the butter mixture and whisk well till everything is nicely combined.
– Brush the mixture over all the butterflied prawns making sure to coat it well.
– Heat a pan and without any oil, lay out the prawns skin side down. Press down gently to make sure they’re flat against the pan. Cover and let cook for about a minute or two.
– Open the lid, brush the shrimps with any remaining saffron butter and remove onto your serving dish.
– If you want to cook it in you oven, just make sure you have it on your top most rack at 230C, anywhere from 3 to 5 mins. It depends on the size of your prawns.
Hope you guys make it!