When you think about world-renowned chefs, what’s the first name that comes to mind? Is it Gordon Ramsay? Jamie Oliver? Wolfgang Puck? Martha Stewart? With so many celebrity chefs constantly popping up in our news feeds and TV sets, it can be hard to keep track of what everybody’s doing, and even harder to decide who’s the cream of the crop – pun intended.
So, we stopped trying to figure it out on our own and went to Google for answers. We wanted to find out who are the 20 most popular chefs in the world, based on the number of search engine queries. As it turns out, Michelin stars, accolades, and an unlimited meme potential aren’t as important as you might think.
- Gordon Ramsay – Known for his fiery personality and Michelin-starred restaurants.
- Jamie Oliver – A celebrity chef and television personality who advocates for healthy eating.
- Heston Blumenthal – Known for his innovative and experimental cooking techniques.
- Massimo Bottura – An Italian chef who runs the three-Michelin-starred restaurant Osteria Francescana.
- Thomas Keller – The chef behind renowned restaurants like The French Laundry and Per Se.
- Ferran Adria – The former chef of the now-closed El Bulli, known for his avant-garde culinary creations.
- Alain Ducasse – A French chef with over 20 Michelin stars across his restaurants.
- Rene Redzepi – The chef behind Noma, a restaurant that has been named the world’s best several times.
- Emeril Lagasse – A celebrity chef known for his Cajun and Creole cuisine.
- Wolfgang Puck – A celebrity chef and restaurateur who has made a name for himself in the culinary world.
- Marcus Samuelsson – A Swedish-Ethiopian chef who has won multiple awards for his cooking.
- Daniel Boulud – A French chef who has won multiple Michelin stars for his restaurants.
- Yotam Ottolenghi – A chef and cookbook author who has popularized Middle Eastern cuisine.
- Guy Fieri – A celebrity chef known for his bold and often outrageous cooking style.
- Alice Waters – The chef behind the legendary restaurant Chez Panisse and a pioneer of the farm-to-table movement.
- Nigella Lawson – A cookbook author and television personality known for her indulgent recipes.
- Bobby Flay – A celebrity chef known for his Southwestern cuisine and appearances on cooking shows.
- Anthony Bourdain – The late chef and author who traveled the world to explore different cuisines and cultures.
- David Chang – The chef behind Momofuku, a restaurant group that has become a global sensation.
- Gaggan Anand – An Indian chef who runs the eponymous restaurant Gaggan, which has been named the best in Asia several times.