Rosemary Garlic Spatchcock Chicken
Finally posting this here. I had recorded a nice video showing the whole marination process, roasting and serving but sadly, when backing up my folders, I somehow happened to lose the folder I had this saved on. I was pretty sad because, I had a lot more things in that camera folder, like videos of the tabbouleh and hummus which I served as sides with the chicken and a lot of photos I’d taken with my family. All gone!
Thankfully though, I still had these 2 pics in my whatsapp sent folder since I shared it with a few friends. So these are the only pics I have to post now.
I will post pics and videos on how I made my tabbouleh and hummus sometime in the future! But for now,
as promised, here’s the recipe for my Rosemary Garlic Spatchcock Chicken.
1kg Whole chicken (Skin on, Spatchcocked and scored)
2 – 3 Tbsp Olive oil
2 tbsp Butter
5 – 6 Garlic cloves (made into paste)
2 – 3 tbsp fresh Rosemary (roughly chopped)
1 – 2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp freshly ground cumin
2 tsp Salt (I used smoked salt)
1 tbsp Honey
– Put all the marination Ingredients into a bowl, warm it in the microwave for 15 – 30 secs. Remove and mix everything together.
– Smear marinate all over the Chicken and let it marinate for 2 to 3 hours.
– When ready to roast, Preheat Oven to 250°C.
– Transfer Marinaded Chicken into a casserole dish, drizzle with olive oil and Roast at 250°C for 15 mins, then lower the temperature down to 200°C for the remaining 30 _35 mins.
– When done, cover casserole with foil and let the chicken rest for 5 to 10 mins before serving.